Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thank(FILL)

Thanksgiving is next week and it seems only fitting to express how thankful I am, for all we've been given.  I don't need a specified holiday to show and feel gratitude, as it's something I live with daily. 
Tomorrow is Harlow's first fill and I'd be lying if I denied the ever growing lump in my throat.  I was hoping by now we would be at the tail end of the expansion process, but unexpected complications have caused delays.  Sometimes it feels wrong to use the term "we" as although I'm her mother and have the emotional attachment to this, I'll never know what it's like to be her; enduring all of this before the age of three.  
Three.  It's a number I'm so grateful for.   There was a time I feared I'd never see past one and a half. 
I pray that Harlow handles these 8-10 fills with the same courage and strength she has shown throughout this whole ordeal. 
I pray this expansion is tolerable and as painless as possible. I pray that she understands why mommy and daddy are having her go through all of this. I pray this will all be a vague memory, at most, for her in the future.  I pray for a successful procedure with the best outcome possible.  
Thankful?  Absolutely. Thankfill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment